* Please visit our sponsor

* Menu

* Search

* Top Boards

Author Topic: Greetings/Getting to Know You  (Read 10836 times)

jessraines

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Greetings/Getting to Know You
« on: June 04, 2014, 07:11:37 PM »
Please Post any Material/Ideas related to this topic

jessraines

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings/Getting to Know You
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 09:15:24 PM »
Attached for Lesson
1. What's Your Name Dialog PPT- I took out pics of myself in the first few slides.
TL: What's your name? My name is ______. Nice to meet you!
I used the song "Nice to Meet You." You can have them sing the song in pairs, half the class turns to their partner and says "My name is ____"  and then the other replies. Both of them say, "Nice to meet you!" and shake hands.

2. PPT for Flag Project: If your kids are picking or need English names, here's a simple project you can do to entertain them while you record their names. I put my name in English and Chinese, although I used google translate, so you may want to check your own as I will with my colleagues. You need a straw and sheet for each kid. I just copied the 4th slide and printed them out.

3. English Names PPT: If you want to let your students that don't have English names pick their own, here is a PPT I made with some pictures and meanings of some names. Most of my younger students didn't want to pick their own, but some even in third grade didn't have them.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:20:46 PM by jessraines »

jessraines

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings/Getting to Know You
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 10:29:19 AM »
Silly Game for practicing a conversation, could be adapted, add pictures to be a sort of pass the ball game.